Monday, March 29, 2010

World-class PSO: Daily Thought

A Lesson in Civility: There's an old adage: "We hurt the one's we love." So, I asked myself, why is it we take risks in our communications with those who are the closest to us?

I don't know about you, but I know that I find myself, at times, putting important, close relationships at risk when I don't take a few minutes to speak thoughtfully and without emotion when working with colleagues. I know that I, for one, find myself approaching certain internal communications in a way that I would never do with my clients.

So...what do you do when you need to properly set expectations with internal stakeholders, you feel you have expressed these expectations more than once, AND maintain relationships and/or build bridges? I say...treat every communication, particularly the really important communications or those that are with "challenging" stakeholders, like those stakeholders are your clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment